Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wal Mart trip March 11th - Total was $15, retail was $60!

Wal Mart - total was $15, retail was $60!

So this was pretty much a stock up trip for me.  My freebies were the 7 McCormick taco seasonings (coupon from March 2nd newspaper), the 4 Sun Bird seasonings from coupons.com , plus all of my feminine products.  Don't judge, they are a great donate item - I got 9 Poise for free.  There are more $3 off coupons in last week's newspaper so you can get your items for free as well.  My husband gave me a look as he was unpacking this, but said "this will be a great donation item!"  He is so on board with my couponing and I love him for it!

My splurge was the popcorn (I have to have it!)  Even though it is the cheapest at Wal Mart, it is one of the few things I will buy without a coupon or a sale.  

I also price matched the shredded cheese a 99 cents from HyVee and the strawberries from Aldi's.  If you are not price matching, you are throwing away your money, not to sound harsh, but it is true.  Actually, when I got to the price matching stuff, she spouted out the price before I did and was already putting in the new price before I could say a word - that is awesome!  It is NO BIG DEAL to do this - all cashiers at Wal Mart expect it!

L was excited because I brought her some Sonic ice cream on the way home so I snapped her in the picture as well.  This was one of the very few times I was able to slip away by myself to the grocery and I have to admit, it was a bit lonely.  I was happy to return  home to my kids and husband, and even happier because I used a gift card on this purchase so I actually paid absolutely nothing! 

1 comment: