Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Target and Price Chopper trips - Paid $33 for $79 retail and got back $10 in gift cards!

My Target and Price Chopper shopping trip on March 6, 2013
So, after being stuck inside with the crazy snow and a sick kid, I was really itching to get back out and get some deals.  Between using coupons and knowing my rock bottom pricing (this is when an item is at a low price and I stock up without using a coupon) I had a good time.  

I spent $12 at Price Chopper for $30 worth of groceries.  I was excited about the 99 cent shredded cheese (stock up price), the 99 cent juice, and the fish sticks.  They were on sale for $2.99 and I had a $1 off coupon, making them just $1.99!

I headed to Target today and had a great time, spending $21 for $61 worth of groceries and got back $10 in gift cards, so really only $11! 

 Both kids were on their best behavior (with the snacks I brought with me) and my checkout went off without a hitch.  I found a new favorite checkout boy, because us couponers know the importance of a great cashier.  

I got pasta sauce for 25 cents using 2 $1.50/2 target coupon, Campbells soups to go for 29 cents after stacking 2 $1/1 coupons with 2 $1/1 target coupons, M&Ms for $1.38 after stacking $1.50/2 manufacturer coupons with $1.50/2 target coupon, and Quaker chewy bars stacking $1/2 manufacturer coupon with $1/2 target coupon making them $1 each.  

Also, Target is doing a buy 4 Oral B toothbrushes and get a $5 gift card. I bought 4 toothbrushes at $1.74 each and used used $1/1 coupons from P&G 3/3, making them 74 cents each.  I bought 4, making them roughly $3 total and got back a $5 gift card, making me $2!  They are doing the gift card thing for Nutra Grain products; when you buy 5 products, you get a $5 gift card.  I bought 4 Nutra Grain bars at $2.54 and a Nutra Grain eggo at $2.  I used 2 $1/2 coupons; paying roughly $10, so after gift cards, I paid $5 for all 5 products.

If you are wondering where these coupons are, it is really easy.  Simply use coupons.com and coupons.target.com.  You can print each coupon twice.  

I am already planning my Hen House trip as there are some sweet deals this week.  More on this later on in the week.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a really good haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! It is great that you tell both where you got your great deals and which coupons you use:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I didn't know if it was too detailed or not...

    ReplyDelete