Sunday, October 13, 2013

My Target trip: Paid $36 for $131 retail!


So I planned a couponing trip to Target for our entertainment this morning.  All pictured plus 2 20 pound bags of dog food for $36 and got back a $5 gift card to use for next time.  I don't think that the lady behind me was much impressed with my huge stack of coupons (I had 52 of them in my hot little hand) but oh well. Saved $95!  

So, the dog food was like half of my total.  They are doing buy 2 Purina dog food, get a $5 gift card.  I used 2 $2 manufacturer coupons stacked with a $5/2 Target coupon from the paper to get 2 bags for $17 (half of my total right here) and I got a $5 gift card for next time.

Freebies:  I found free butter!  There is a $1.50/1 coupon from coupons.com stacked with a 50 cent/1 coupon from coupons.target.com to get $2 off I Can't Believe it's not Butter.  I found clearanced butter for $1.88, so I picked up 3 for free.  There were quite a few so head on down there with your clipped coupons and get some.  I was at the Target off 119th and Blackbob.

I also got free Tresemme shampoo. They are priced at $3.50 apiece.   I stacked the $2.50/1 coupon from last Sunday's paper with the $2/2 Target coupon from coupons.target.com to get 4 for free.  I also used the $1/1off up and up oral care  coupon from coupons.target.com to score 4 free flosses (87 cents retail.)  I also used the $1/1 Campbell's Slow Cooker coupon from paper and stacked with $1/1 coupon from coupons.target.com to score these for free ($2 on price cut.)

Lots of other deals but don't want to bore you...Any questions, please ask!

It was an exercise in patience, for sure.  My 3 year old did GREAT but my 2 year old refused to sit in the cart and also refused to stay by the cart.  Plus I have a yucky cold.  Oh well, it ended well.  We ate McDonald's outside and all is right with the world again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment