Friday, September 6, 2013

Did price matching at WalMart and paid $62 for $130 worth of stuff!

So we decided to take the easy road out this week and not travel to tons of grocery stores, so we did the price matching strategy at WalMart.  Really awesome deals this week:  Milk for $2.79 (price match to Walgreens.)  Yay!  We bought 4 of these, saving over $1 a carton.  We also stocked up on boneless skinless chicken at $1.89 a pound (price matched to HyVee) and bought 12 pounds.  I will probably go back and buy more since chicken sales are very few and far between.  We hadn't had chicken in over a month and my husband was really missing it (and so was I!)  We also did the Hormel REV wraps, which my hubby likes, which are price matched to Price Chopper for $1. $1 is an awesome price for these, but I used $1/2 coupons from the newspaper and coupons.com to score these for 50 cents apiece, normally in the $1.89 range.  We also bought diced tomatoes (price matched to Price Chopper for 33 cents, limit 12.)  I picked up my 7 free Bic razors with coupon since it was about to expire.  It was a good trip!

WalMart (at least the one off K7) is doing some serious clearance on the non food side.  There are huge signs and some deals to be had.  A little something for everyone.  Next time you are in, check it out.  Not amazing deals, but decent ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment