Sunday, June 30, 2013

My shopping trips for this week: Price Chopper, Aldi's and HyVee



Did a fair amount of shopping over the past couple of days - done for the week and hopefully done for the 4th?!  I spent right at $100 this week for about $175 retail (a bit more than usual, but I spent like $22 on Diet Coke alone.)  Yes, I have a slight issue with my Diet Coke and there were good sales to be had.

Some highlights:  

Price Chopper:
I grabbed  6 Suddenly Salads for 54 cents after coupon (this particular sale item ended yesterday), Diet Coke was 2/$11, I got some Jello for like 37 cents after $1/3 coupon coupons.com .  I also got corn for 25 cents.  They also have 24 pack water for $2.50 so we picked up one of those.

HyVee:
I got Ritz crackers and Wheat Thins.  They are 2/$4 this week and I used $1/2 coupons to get them for $1.50.  Sabra Hummus is buy one, get one free.  I picked up 2 of these and used 75 cent coupons (I can't remember where from) to grab these for $1.25 each!!  I also did the Kraft deal of buying 10 products, save $6 instantly.  I bought 4 Oscar Myers deli fresh lunchmeat, 4 Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese, and 2 Kraft singles.  I used coupons (which are no longer available) and the $6 HyVee coupon to score all these items for around $10.  I also did the Diet Coke 4/$11 deal with the in ad coupon.

Total side note:  I was OVERJOYED to see that the little kids carts had returned to HyVee.  They had all been "borrowed" and had not been replaced, but it was nice to see that they had gotten a couple more.  Would it be too much to ask you, HyVee, to buy like at least 5 of these, though?  There were 2 in total.  I know there were just 2 because I asked.  I guess they are just testing out to see if these also get "borrowed" but  still.....These tiny carts make our shopping trip soooo much better!

Aldi's:
Aldi's is certainly an interesting store.  No frills, but good prices.  We had gotten out of the habit of going and price matching at WalMart.  However, I got a $5/$30 coupon on my doorknob for the Aldi's off 87th and 435 so we went to check it out.  They were SUPER nice and friendly there!  I bought all of my fruit there and bought some other items for the 4th. 

What did you all find this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment