Sunday, May 5, 2013

My grocery shopping for the week: Spent $33, Retail was $93!


I shopped this week at all 3 stores;  HyVee, Hen House, and Price Chopper.  I usually don't do all 3 stores, but there were good deals to awesome to pass up.  

I did the Diet Coke for $4.99 (and I will head back at least one, if not two more times to take advantage of that price.)  I also did the eggs for 69 cents and the bananas for 39 cents.  Spent $7.

Next, I went to Hen House.  I got my McCormick taco seasoning using the 50 cent/2 coupon from the paper plus the printable (check my earlier post on grocery deals for the week for the link.)  I used 7 coupons and got 14 for free!  I also got 5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken for $1.99 each.  Total at Hen House was $12.

Lastly, I went to Price Chopper.  I did their buy 10, get $10 off sale.  It ends today and you really need to take advantage of it!  Even if you don't want to use coupons, there are still awesome deals.  Check my grocery deals post for ideas.  I got 8 peaches and cream corn for 29 cents each, 6 Oscar Meyer deli meats, 2 Crystal Lights, and 2 Velveeta Skillets.  I also purchased 4 blow pops at 20 cents each, but more on that later.

I used 3 $1/2 Oscar Meyer deli fresh meats coupon coupons.com, the Crystal Light $1/2 coupon from last week's paper, and 2 $1/1 Velveeta Skillets coupons.com to get these 10 items for under $10 total!  Total at Price Chopper was $14 for $45 retail.

The Price Chopper trip was chaotic to say the least.  My kids are great with me shopping like 99% off the time.  They know what to expect, but, hey, they are kids.  

Is it possible for a grocery store to make sure that all of their seat belts actually work in those car carts?  It happens to me every time, you would think I would figure it out by now.  By the time I got my kids settled in and sitting down, I had to move everything into a new cart.  At checkout, my son smashed his fingers between the car cart and the checkout lane (because, seriously, they don't make the checkout lanes wide enough for the car carts) and I couldn't move the cart to save my life.  I finally did while everyone just stared at me and got him out to calm him down before setting him down for just a second.  I am watching the register because I am one of the THOSE people who stare at every item and coupon scanned to make sure I am charged correctly when I discover my son is two isles over frantically unwrapping Charm's blow pops and sticking them in his mouth.  Oh yes, he has also kicked off his rain boots and his socks, at least he still had his pants and shirt on!  So, I got to pay for 4 blow pops which both my children just threw on the ground as we left Price Chopper.  

Just another day in the life!

2 comments:

  1. Are we gonna need another freezer to go with those Blow Pops??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! Another freezer, yes, but not for the blow pops!

    ReplyDelete