Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Child's cup of milk for $3.75? Sorry, I HAVE to post a rant...

So, let me start by saying that Bo Lings is one of our favorite restaurants.  Today is my hubby's birthday, and he picked Bo Lings for lunch.  Sounds yummy and it was.  

My issue came when the check came.  We planned an amount to spend, and our check was almost $10 above that.  I was surprised and inspected the bill a bit more.  They had charged my 2 and 4 year old $3.75 apiece for a milk in a kids cup.  I thought that was absolutely ridiculous.  When I spoke to the waitress, she said that was right and was not at all apologetic about it.

My problem is that the prices for the drinks (kids or adults) were not printed ANYWHERE in the menu.  There was not even a list of available drinks to choose from.  I went ahead and ordered my Diet Coke and got the kids milks in kids cups thinking that they would be free or maybe $1.  Certainly not almost $4 apiece!

I think she should have given us a heads up or something.  I paid around the amount for one kids' milk that I would pay for an entire gallon at a store.

I am really bummed about this whole deal.  Yes, I get it, it is $7.50 extra, but it really irritated me.  $3.75 for a small cup of milk that was not even listed in the menu.

Well, I will ask at every restaurant from now on if they charge for milk.  And, unfortunately, we will not be eating at Bo Lings for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment